To be eligible to enter this competition you must:
1. be over 18 years of age;
2. not be employed by any venue, enterprise or agency participating in or associated with Aussie Wine Month, or be a member of their immediate families;
To enter, you must complete via Instagram the following by 17:00 EST 31 May 2017:
1. follow the @Aussiewinemonth Instagram account;
2. post a photo of your best Aussie Wine Month moment to your account;
3. tag #Aussiewinemonth in your post.
The prize includes:
- Return ferry transfers in the ‘Posh Pit’ between Hobart an MONA
- MONA entry - Two course lunch at Source Restaurant with two glasses of wine and dessert with a cocktail
- Private guided vineyard and winery tour
- Tutored wine tasting, afternoon tea
- Bottle of Moorilla wine to take home
- $1200 Flight centre voucher to go towards flights and accommodation
Prize value of $2,000
Validity: For travel up to 30 June 2018
Subject to availability at the time of booking
Your day could look like this:
Begin your day by taking Mona’s MR-1 Fast Ferry from Hobart’s Brooke St Pier to Mona at 9:30. You’ll be travelling in style in the ferry’s super exclusive Posh Pit, with complimentary Moorilla wine, Moo Brew beer and delicious snacks. Upon arrival, entry to the museum is included in your tour. In the morning, begin your self-guided exploration of Mona’s permanent collection and an array of blockbuster exhibitions.
At 11:30 am, Moorilla’s wine ambassador will take you on a private behind-the-scenes tour of the winery and vineyard. You’ll taste the wine as it is being made, following the trail of grapes as they are handpicked, crushed, pressed, fermented and matured. You’ll also get all the goss about Moorilla, David Walsh and Claudio Alcorso, who planted Moorilla’s first vines. Tour includes a tailored tasting of Moorilla’s Praxis and Muse Series in the fancy underground Barrel Room. You’ll also receive a complimentary bottle of our most celebrated wine, the Muse Pinot noir to take home.
Then, enjoy a two course lunch at The Source Restaurant, with matched wines from Moorilla’s benchmark Cloth Label and Muse Series. Lunch also comes with stunning views of the Moorilla vineyard, Mount Wellington and the River.
Dessert is served at the void bar in a tiffin with a cocktail to accompany the dessert.
After lunch there’s enough time to discover the remaining levels of Mona before you end your day by taking Mona’s MR-1 Fast Ferry from Mona to Hobart’s Brooke Street Pier at 5. We’ll throw in a $1200 flight centre voucher to cover flights and accommodation.